Friday, April 27, 2012

weight watchers week 1 update.

Hiya!

I wanted to give everybody a quick update on my WW points plus program, week 1 was tough but ended successfully ;)

So basically, as i had explained in my post below the program consists of tracking the food we eat based on points. I have 26 pts i can use each day with a "cheat" point balance of 49 for the entire week, just incase i need to use extra in a day (I have not touched these 49 pts once)

My week 1 included alot of soups, fruit, salads and bread, I also had homemade veggie burritos and Indian food... all of which were within my point allowance.

At first i thought i could only eat the foods they provided to us ( we have a database of foods, recipes etc to choose from ) those were just suggestions, the program comes with a calculator which allowed me to track the food which arent listed and then i would simply add it my list of favourites for easier access.




The great thing is fruit and vegatables are 0 points! if i was ever peckish i would snack on alot of fruit and veg this not only was the healthest option but it allowed me to save more points for the rest of the day!!!!

Examples of some foods I ate and its point value; Bread ww/white: 2 pts once slice and 4pts for two, oatmeal- 4pts, thinsation snacks- 3pts, veggie pizza (cheese, sauce, mushroom, onion, pepper and tomatos) - 4pts a slice.


After a week of counting points, going to the gym, craving chocalate and not giving into tempations i lost- 2lbs. I know that isnt a great deal of pounds but the average points lost on the program is 1-2lbs per week...i am over the moon that i managed to stay within that and hope to lose much more going forward!!

I want to thank all my colleagues at work who have supported me in my goal! and a BIG shout out to my WW partner in crime!!

**Warning- If you see a lady in the grocery store grabbing foods and pushing numbers on her Iphone like mad woman... its ME ** hehe!!

Jaspinder x

2 comments: